Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where can I download builds of the latest beta?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Where can I download builds of the latest beta?
January 21, 2010 07:07PM
I'm not a programmer and I don't even know how to compile but is there a way to download a build of the latest revision? thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 07:08PM by negativeions.
Re: Where can I download builds of the latest beta?
January 21, 2010 07:32PM
you could try PM'ing Markside about possibly being a "tester" where you test our newest betas for problems/errors before they become stable and released to the public. if you want to PM markside just click on the "PM" link beside his name.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
January 22, 2010 08:40AM
Yeah, we don't generally release e.g. "Nightly Builds" or anything . . . we prefer to wait for things to have settled out a bit before releasing anything out publicly.  We have an Internal Test Team that gets builds about once a week, and that's it.  This offers us the opportunity to make sure that the stuff we release is relatively stable, and doesn't have any half-implemented features in it (like where the code's at right now). 

As far as brandonjm8's comment goes, we actually do not have an "open enrollment" in our Internal Test Team.  We've got a good crew right now, and don't want to dilute the team too much with new members.  As time goes on though, every so often we'll decide to invite a couple of new people to join us - we generally extend these invitations to people who are active in the forums answering people's questions, and with reporting / triaging bugs on our Issue Tracker, and who have the right "demeanor" . . . meaning they're friendly, don't bite the newbies, etc.

Either way, though, PMing me isn't likely to get you onto the team right now.  winking smiley  You'll need to build up a reputation first.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
January 22, 2010 12:36PM
sorry markside, should've asked before putting it out there, my bad.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login