Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommend BT

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Recommend BT
March 12, 2010 05:24PM
Firstly, congratulations to Peerblock for an excellent set-up. As an older 'Newbie' to Forums, and user of PG2 for many years, can someone please recommend a suitable BT (or choice) for downloading, generally, as my current one as been described as 'worst BT Client EVER' and is on the Blocked List! Thanks in advance.
Re: Recommend BT
March 13, 2010 11:22AM
utorrent. small light and fast.. Plus it can have block lists loaded into it...

[www.utorrent.com]
March 14, 2010 06:18PM
utorrent

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Anonymous User
March 15, 2010 08:07AM
Many thanks to DarC and brandonjm8 for your help! Will give utorrent a go! Love the Peerblock - works beautifully on my Vista. Pinged all over the joint, works great.

Love reading comments from you guys - keep it going... I learn more every day. Cheers
Anonymous User
April 17, 2010 12:58AM
What version would you guys recommend using? I'm still on v1.6.1 with all the uncertainty about later versions since it was sold to BitTorrent. I figured it was double the security to use the pre-BitTorrent version along with PeerBlock but now that I've moved on to Windows 7, my uPNP is shot to pieces and won't map any uPNP ports which I believe is addressed in later versions of uTorrent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 12:59AM by Starclassic.
April 17, 2010 08:58AM
You might try 1.7.2 as that it will work and not slow up do to tracker participation in handling there newest protocol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 08:58AM by DarC.
May 13, 2010 04:12AM
Āµtorrent!

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
Anonymous User
May 17, 2010 09:24AM
Not a big fan of torrents but I had the same problem when upgraded from xp media to vista on the one windows machine I do use (prefer Linux), and this was before downloading Peer block. So it could be a hardware, or driver issue, or both. My uPNP ports don't work either (on that machine). Was yours an upgrade, or a new machine? Just curious.
Good luck
May 17, 2010 03:05PM
utorrent now has a beta version(2.2) that has apps included. One being an antivirus that you can scan your downloaded torrents. Plus it handles all protocols.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login