Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ideal Configuration (with utorrent)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ideal Configuration (with utorrent)
March 14, 2010 01:57PM
Just got started with PB and I began using it with just the p2p list. I am amazed at how many IP's are blocked by PB instantly upon running the program. I had no idea all these addresses were trying to connect to me!

Anyway, what is your ideal set-up with PB? My usage will probably be limited to BT on a home network behind a router. Is it advisable to download additional lists from I-Blocklist.com? Also what is the purpose of the advertising and spyware lists? Should I have them enabled while surfing the web?

Anyway love the program, especially the fact that I have not seen any decrease in speed while using it with utorrent. Good work!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 02:00PM by Mr. Ibis.
Re: Ideal Configuration (with utorrent)
March 14, 2010 02:12PM
what lists you use it all personal preference based on what you are doing. no one can really tell you what to pick, but if you start with the default lists you can add/remove more as needed

This is my Signature!
Anonymous User
March 14, 2010 02:22PM
I understand that, I guess what I'm trying to ask is: is the included p2p list sufficient for blocking IP's for most users, or is it recommended to add additional list. I realize that it is based on a personal preference and what type of protection you're looking for. So I'll ask you, what additional lists you include and why?
March 14, 2010 06:35PM
do you want to block spammers? hackers? private companies? corporations? countries? ip's that are not registered? allow specific only gaming servers? ect ect ect?

my advice is just go check out www.iblocklist.com and take a look, read each lists' description and pay attention to the ones that peak your interest.

i myself have 15 lists, for many reasons, most of which i stated already and some other common sense reasons.

this is just my list's but to give you an example: "EA allow list, FAKE TPB TORRENTS, BAD PEERS, DSHIELD, HIJACKED, LEVEL 2 AND 3, SPIDERS, BOGON, PRIMARY THREATS." plus the 4 default and the perm allow.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login