Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What lists do you use?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
What lists do you use?
April 01, 2010 04:25AM

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 09:05AM by Sixia.
Re: What lists do you use?
April 01, 2010 08:35AM
Interesting, I have never heard about [web.ipdef.com]

I use the iblocklist site and some of these lists that iblocklist does not host [blocklistpro.com]
April 02, 2010 08:38PM
Hm, I'd never heard about this ipdef.com site either.  Looks like the domain-name was registered less than a month ago, and the site doesn't appear to be up right now...  Can you provide us any additional information about them?

Thanks for the heads-up,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
April 03, 2010 02:30AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 09:05AM by Sixia.
Anonymous User
April 03, 2010 02:39AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 09:05AM by Sixia.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2010 02:49AM
Hi Sixia

Gr8 to meet you...

I have uploaded images of the urls I use for my blocklists....see the attached jpgs. I am using the r320 release.

However there is one worth paying for at iblocklist.com. US$10 (well that's what I paid) gets you 3 subscribers lists. One of them is an anti P2P list should you be interested....However, that's your call.

Also there are several blocklist files I use at [tf2app.com]. (Additionally I use various home made lists as well). But all the above will get you going without a doubt. Please note whether they are allow or block lists in the jpgs. The bluetack proxy list which is unticked in the jpgs blocks my web traffic...so be careful.
If one or more causes issues in PB (Peerblock), untick one list in PB at a time until you get rid of the offending list.
Please note if you use the gnutella list, it is better to untick the list if you use a p2p client that uses a gnutella client., eg., Lime Wire, Edonkey, Kazaa etc, as it will limit your connectable peers. Even Azureus (I think) can connect to gnutella clients these days. But not sure on uTorrent.

One other consideration is CPU power, it takes some time to calculate the combined lists (even with a dual core oc'ed cpu running at 4.25Mhz together with crap loads of ram and a 10k drive!). Moreover, the faster the isp connection the better for updating lists.... this helps as well.

Again your call what lists you use.

Any one can use my lists as they are all publicly available.

[Ineedalifetoday: I checked this time. :$ ]

Hope that helps...enjoy

Cheers from downunder

Qty
Attachments:
open | download - publicly available blocklists5.jpg (27.3 KB)
open | download - publicly available blocklists4.jpg (185.1 KB)
open | download - publicly available blocklists3.jpg (14.6 KB)
open | download - publicly available blocklists2.jpg (23.2 KB)
open | download - publicly available blocklists1.jpg (137.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login