Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some questions

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Some questions
April 08, 2010 11:12AM
I've removed my utorrent and almost all my blocks are gone...except Time Warner is still being blocked. Question one.. how are they gaining access to my computer without a torrent? 2 Can they get access to my hard drive? 3. What do the blue and black fonts indicate in PB? Also I read the long user agreement from my ISP and they ban anon proxies, tunneling, and packeting sniffers. Here's one other thing. Instead of trying to block a billion mouse holes, why doesn't someone develop a torrenting service through free subscription that verifies every users ip address before signing up and vigorously defend the site from unwanteds? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2010 11:22AM by bummedout.
Re: Some questions
April 08, 2010 12:49PM
Time Warner might be trying to connect do to some other software on the computer.
They can not access your hard drive with out an extensive hack, a virus or installed program.

If its being blocked then its not getting passed PeerBlock....

The Blue is for http connections that are being blocked and Black is for all other types of connections.

The reason why no one has done what you've proposed is because it becomes a question of who controls the network and there trustworthiness.

Anyone can be purchased...
Anonymous User
April 08, 2010 08:14PM
My ip address is the source. Why would my computer be trying to call Time Warner if my torrent is gone?
April 13, 2010 01:13AM
This is simple... You have an application on you computer that is trying to call home. You Have an ip address on you local network that is the same as Time Warner. Or... You have Time Warner as an ISP and don't know it...
April 15, 2010 07:49PM
what O/S are you using? there are some built in tools you can use to track down the proccess or download something like What's Running and go through the log files

This is my Signature!
Anonymous User
April 18, 2010 01:39PM
I'm using Windows Seven. I'm afraid I'm not sophisticated enough to even know what the processes mean if I found them, you would definitely have to name a couple so I can search for them.. I've noticed that the services window in task manager has about a hundred line in it now. Many of them are local service provider. One says "p2pimsvc" peer network identity manager. Do you know what this means?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login