Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello Everyone Browsing The Forums

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hello Everyone Browsing The Forums
April 15, 2010 02:12PM
Hello all guests browsing the forum,

Please post a message even if just to say hello or perhaps to tell us what you think of Peerblock,

Without your posts and input, we would not know what you want updated, or added or changed.

Hope to see you on the forum soon

Freelandr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 04:05PM by Freelandr.
Anonymous User
Re: Hello Everyone Browsing The Forums
June 02, 2010 04:10PM
I love PeerBlock, I think it is a definite upgrade from PG2. I have not had any problems with it at all, very reliable and does its job.

The only thing I feel is significantly missing is a Linux client. sad smiley
Anonymous User
June 02, 2010 05:59PM
Hello all. I have a quick question. Does it make a difference on which computer PB is running - on a wireless home network? Would I need to install PB on the computer that's wired to the modem/router?
June 02, 2010 07:19PM
Cleansl8

PeerBlock only works on the computer it is installed on.

So, yes, you will need to install PeerBlock on both computers.

Nipples

There are plans to port PeerBlock to linux

[code.google.com]
Anonymous User
June 03, 2010 08:52AM
INeedALifeToday --
So...even if the other computer is "clean" (everything on the up-and-up), nefarious corporate entities would still be able to "see" what I'm downloading on my computer with PB installed and running? Aren't the packets traveling from my PC to the Router then the Modem and then out the cable to the street? (and vice-versa) - bypassing any other computers on my home wireless network. -- Just to be clear, on my home network there are 2 windows machines and one mac. The mac and my windows machine connect to the Internet via Linksys WRT160N. The second windows machine is connected via Ethernet to the modem/router.
June 03, 2010 01:42PM

So...even if the other computer is "clean" (everything on the up-and-up), nefarious corporate entities would still be able to "see" what I'm downloading on my computer with PB installed and running?

If you want to be safe, Just install PeerBlock on both your Windows Machines. There is currently no Mac version of PeerBlock, but there are plans to make one. [code.google.com]

There is a PeerGuardian version for the Mac [www.iblocklist.com]

Aren't the packets traveling from my PC to the Router then the Modem and then out the cable to the street? (and vice-versa) - bypassing any other computers on my home wireless network

Yes, from the way you described your network.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2010 01:42PM by ineedalifetoday.
Anonymous User
June 20, 2010 02:38PM
Hello Everybody, This really seems an improvement over PG2.
Anonymous User
June 20, 2010 02:39PM
Hello Everybody!
Anonymous User
November 02, 2010 08:07AM
Hi, I am Tracy . I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

November 02, 2010 09:53AM
Newcomers are always welcome here and be greeted warmly. winking smiley

So welcome, Tracy!
November 02, 2010 09:11PM
Good day Tracy. Welcome to the forums.
November 02, 2010 09:14PM
Hello swampwizard52,Cleansl8, and Nipples! Welcome to the forums. I think you will find your stay here enjoyable.
Anonymous User
November 08, 2010 05:49AM
Hello all!!!!. I'm new to this software but so far it's great. It's amazing how much is being blocked! i had no idea! I haven't used it yet with a torrent site.
Anonymous User
November 08, 2010 05:59AM
Hey everyone,
Been using PeerBlock for a few months now and I am very impressed ... I admit that I'd not ever used the "PeerGuardian" program before, so can't comment on which is better.
But PeerBlock -- in my opinion -- is awesome! So simple to use. And to anyone reading this who has asked "Should I leave PeerBlock on all the time?" - the answer is a 100% YES! Make sure you "Allow HTTP" tho, or you won't be able to use the internet... lol
November 08, 2010 07:50AM
PeerGuardian is the beginnings of Peerblock ;-) The code base of PeerBlock is owes great portion of its life to PeerGuardian2. We took over the original project of PeerGuardian2 so it wouldn't die. Our lead on the takeover thought it would be a good idea to change the name. He did it so it wouldn't take away from the original PeerGuardian2.

So while using PeerBlock look at the ReadMe and take time to thank the original devs who built PeerGuardian2. Because with out them there would be no PeerBlock.

Thank You for your support
~DarC Aka ~MisK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 07:50AM by DarC.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2010 02:20AM
Hello Everybody, This really seems an improvement over PG2.
Anonymous User
December 29, 2010 05:22PM
Hi all! I'm looking forward to using PeerBlock on Mac.
[code.google.com]
Anonymous User
January 20, 2011 03:41PM
Hello Everyone ^^"
Anonymous User
January 31, 2011 02:56AM
Greetings,
I first used PG, then PG2, and now PeerBlock. Only used it for a week so far, but installation was perfect, and it is humming along just fine. My pc is on 24/7 and I'm glad that the little golden cube resides on my task bar! Thanks to all those, from PG on up who made this great program available to us!
Anonymous User
February 09, 2011 03:57AM
Hi, I am Julia from USA just join this community need your welcome hope that i ll gain so much from here

February 09, 2011 04:35AM
OK, Sup.
February 09, 2011 06:06AM
Welcome to the forums palebrand, Chermsky, berbatov, vulcanmeister, & R1zbear. I think you'll enjoy our little community. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to post.
March 30, 2011 10:17PM
long time no see everyone, i'm back for the time being to offer any help i can but ive been outta the game for awhile so i may not be too helpful til i get my bearings back lol.

just thought i'd say hi and get my feet wet, im ready to make peerblock all it can be.

GO PEERBLOCK

P.S. love this program!

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
March 30, 2011 10:33PM
brandonjm8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> long time no see everyone, i'm back for the time
> being to offer any help i can but ive been outta
> the game for awhile so i may not be too helpful
> til i get my bearings back lol.
>
> just thought i'd say hi and get my feet wet, im
> ready to make peerblock all it can be.
>
> GO PEERBLOCK
>
> P.S. love this program!

Glad you are back brandonjm8. Its been awhile.
Anonymous User
April 29, 2011 06:15AM
Hey everyone, I'm new here and just want to say thanks to the peer block team for their great work and efforts. I am absolutely terrified of the internet and with pb a little less so.
Anonymous User
August 25, 2011 12:27AM
Hi Folks,

I've used Peerblock for about two years and it's awesome!

It just got better so I joined the forum to share this info. I was looking at block lists and saw one that just shows "China". Someone asked about "Hong Kong" and "Macau" as well and the links were provided. I installed all 3 and now my blocked list is 80% "China" with a few Hong Kong and one or two Macau blocks. I have recently added Singapore.

The lists are:
China: [list.iblocklist.com]
Hong Kong: [list.iblocklist.com]
Macau: [list.iblocklist.com]
Singapore: www.iblocklist.com/list.php?list=sg

If you just add one list, add China. This is amazing!

Happy surfing!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2012 03:27AM by oldslybat.
Anonymous User
September 24, 2011 06:01AM
Morning all, new here and first timer.
September 24, 2011 09:54AM
Welcome to the forums! Let us know if you have any issues in the future and we will do our best to help you.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Anonymous User
October 01, 2011 08:14AM
Hello everyone,

I am new here, not a computer wizard at all but I manage to do what I need to do. I have been using Peerblock for 2 years now and wanted to thank you for this great program. I guess I am going to ask a question that had been asked a million times but... When are you going to have a Mac OSX version ? Pretty well needed as I have been working on both PC and MAC so far but would like to be able to enjoy my Mac a little more :-))

Thanks again to everyone who put PB together.
November 14, 2011 08:22PM
Hello!
Long-Time PG and converted PB user smiling smiley

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login