Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interested in Joining as a Developer

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Interested in Joining as a Developer
May 28, 2010 04:05PM
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put something like this, but wasn't able to find anywhere for potential developers could express interest in joining. So I figured I'd make a short post to the message board, hoping it will reach someone.

I'm a .NET developer and have experience in several other languages. I was wondering if the Peerblock team was looking for any more developers to help fill all your requests, fix bugs, do web work, or even test bug fixes. I currently work full time as a web and application developer, but am looking for a side project to fill my free time.

I am really looking for something that I'm interested in, not just *any* project. I've been interested in Peerblock since PeerGuardian and would love to be part of the team; again, even starting by testing new commits. Please send me an email on the site, I'm following this message so I should get an email when someone replies.... Ops could also find my email and email personally (that'd probably be best).

Hopefully I'm not committing a big "no-no" by posting this, but I just couldn't find any links for developers to ask or any "help wanted" sections on any of the sites.

Thanks so much for your time!

Panuvin
Re: Interested in Joining as a Developer
May 28, 2010 08:53PM
Hi Panuvin,

I already sent an email to the address from which you signed up for your forum-account here, but figured I should reply to this post as well for anyone who's following along and wondering the same thing.

First off, we're definitely always looking for new coders to join the Dev Team!  In fact we'd rewritten our Guide to Building PeerBlock from Source a couple months ago, but apparently forgot to link to it from the "Source Code" link on the right-hand side of our main page - this has since been corrected.  For anyone else who's interested, please run through that page and make sure you can get PeerBlock building, then send me an email, or a PM here on the forums, or stop by our IRC channel to chat . . . or just post a forum-thread here.  winking smiley  We'd definitely love to talk with you!

Thanks again for expressing interest in joining our little Dev Team here, Panuvin,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login