Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bluetack Missing?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bluetack Missing?
June 21, 2010 09:30AM
As of this time and date I am unable to find the server & website for Bluetack. Bluetack block lists on my peerblock are not updating, it just hangs.

Anyone in the know?
Re: Bluetack Missing?
June 21, 2010 01:30PM
Hmm, their main page, lists page, and individual lists such as level1 are all working just fine for me...

Edit:

Yep, actually, they do appear to be down.  sad smiley  Attempting to visit their list-download links via Firefox is giving a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" error.

I am currently in the middle of attempting to contact them to see what's up, and will update here when I hear back from them.  In the meantime you can change your list-update URL to instead update from iblocklist.com's servers, though obviously if Bluetack's not posting any updated lists then no new lists will be showing up there either.  Still if you're paranoid that your machine may have missed an update (the most recent one was posted 2 days ago, again according to iblocklist.com) you could try that.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 01:40PM by MarkSide.
June 21, 2010 02:49PM
Bluetack is in the process of doing some backend work on their site that requires it to be intermittently down, as per a notice on their forum site.  Will post updates here as more info becomes available.

Edit:  They expect it to be intermittently down for "a couple more days".  Note that their official mirror-site also has an up-to-date copy of the most recent versions of their blocklists, and is still up and should hopefully remain so . . . although I don't believe that that site permits programmatic downloading of files through tools such as PeerBlock.

---  Mark  ---

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 03:03PM by MarkSide.
June 21, 2010 08:09PM
Bluetack has now set up some temporary redirects for all their list URLs, so that PeerBlock updates should now be sent to fully-operational servers.  Hopefully this will mean your bluetack.co.uk hosted lists will no longer error out when checking updates.

Thank you to Tozzano over at Bluetack for setting this up for us!

---  Mark  ---

June 22, 2010 08:57AM
Thanks for the update MarkSide. I was wondering why my Blocklist Manager was not updating. Again thanks for staying on top of things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login