Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should PB be on all the time..........

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Should PB be on all the time..........
October 25, 2010 06:44PM
Hello. Thank you. This is my first post. I installed PB several days ago.

Should PB be on all the time or do I only need it enabled when I am using a P2P network and my torrent client?

Thanks again!
Re: Should PB be on all the time..........
October 25, 2010 10:45PM
It depends on what kind of protection you want PeerBlock to provide for you.  If you're using it solely for "protection" while filesharing, then you should probably be fine with simply running it while your P2P client is active.  (And make sure to read through our Does this mean my P2P downloading is completely safe now? FAQ!)  If you're also using it for general system protection though - using some of the lists available at e.g. iblocklist.com like DShield, Atma, ZeuS, Hacker, etc. - you of course would want PeerBlock running 24x7.

Good luck,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
October 26, 2010 02:26PM
Thanks Mark. P2P "protection" is what I'm thinking about alright.....and I have read and understand the "completely safe" doc.

Thanks again! Great work. I really appreciate that there are people out there doing this stuff because.....welll, 'cause I'm not doin' it but need it. Here's a toast to the Internet, too. Cheers.
October 26, 2010 09:05PM
Welcome to the forums Honk Peu.
Anonymous User
November 14, 2010 10:02AM
sorry for the necro of a fairly old topic.. (almost a month) but, I personally don't let my computer touch the internet w/o it being on... even when my Vuze isn't up and running ive watched crap come across that PG blocked!

Just my suggestion, it never hurts unless you turn on HTTP blocking then you loose connectivity to a lot of sites...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 10:02AM by robotman321.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login