Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Read first before Posting in this Forum! *Sticky*

Posted by DarC 
Read first before Posting in this Forum! *Sticky*
October 29, 2010 10:27PM
This is a notice to all those who have received and a warning to those who have yet to receive copywrite infringement notices from both their ISP's and any other interested party.

First of All...
PeerBlock does NOT hide your identity from any entities that are involved with finding and prosecuting copyright infringers.

True: We do use lists that contain the IP of several such entities.
True: There is no way of getting hold of every IP used in connection with these entities.
True: We ask our users to practice safe and law-abiding use of their internet connection.

The false assumption that any firewall or IP blocking software can make you invisible needs to be stopped.

It needs to be understood that if you're connecting through your ISP they can see exactly what is going on. Unless you are using an encrypted proxy which cost money. There are a few of them out there... [btguard.com] [www.torrentsecurity.com] [superchargemytorrent.com] [www.cryptocloud.com]

It needs to be understood that ISP's in an effort to not be sued themselves 'contrary to the civil liberties ensured by the Constitution of the United States as it was first drafted' will give over willfully all information pertaining to you and the files you've downloaded to what ever firm asks for them.

It needs to be understood that the amount of people requesting assistance for infringement notices can not be dealt with by a handful of programmers. You need A lawyer!!!

It needs to be understood that you live in a world run by the grace of power and the almighty dollar. This means if you can't afford to pay the price then you can't afford to obtain illegally any material that is leached through bittorrent, fasttrack, GNU, GNU2, or any other program that gives you access to material of questionable legality.

It needs to be understood the beginning purpose of this software is to add a layer of protection and is Not an internet condom.
If you do the deed you will have to deal with the result.

Thank You

~MisK AKA ~DarC AKA ~A. Jesse Harper

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 07:30PM by DarC.
Re: Read first before Posting in this Forum! *Sticky*
October 30, 2010 09:26AM
A sticky it is. Also, I fixed a couple of typos while I was at it. winking smiley
Anonymous User
August 25, 2011 01:54PM
i wish someone would have told me that first before i though peerblock was protecting me from getting caught! who can afford an encrypted proxy server! if i could afford it dont you think i would use that money to buy movies!
November 14, 2011 08:25PM
A subscription with iPredator e.g. sets you back ~6€/month.
I've seen smokers burn that amount of money on a daily basis.

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
May 11, 2012 11:14PM
To conclude with remarks that are fair and just concerning the latest battle the Web has waged against the powers that be.

You all heard about the web black out that happened on Jan 18 2012 [en.wikipedia.org] This is the best effort we have to preventing the terrorists from controlling the web much like the gun toting money thieving terrorists that run our highways and city streets.

We the spiders in the interwebs are under attack. Its supposed to be realm of freedom but is a host of money power politics and greed. The almighty dollar owns you and the whole sheeple society that thinks and believes a vote will change the world. You are all puppets and worst you all participate. There is no help for the foreseeable future so long as that you vote, go to work, shop at walmart or anything else that puts money back into this corrupt system. To break the machine, to truly stick it to the man, to be the freedom fighters you think you are! You need to stop. What ever the f**k you are doing you need to just stop.

My two cents

(P.S. I don't give two traces of a turd about the fact that may arise from people who's daddy's husbands or best friends relatives who used to be is or otherwise affiliated with the illegal faction of the state that make up the police force/states of today) Go cry to daddy about your whinny b***h problem. I truly don't give a crap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login