Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Internet Connection

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Internet Connection
December 21, 2010 10:14AM
I download torrents with utorrent 2.2 and peerblock 1.0 (r484) and I'm lucky that some near by people leave their wireless unsecured. I download though them however every once and awhile they lose their connection, sometimes for days at a time. I was wondering if their are getting disconnected by their ISP because of my downloading and if so is there anything I can do to stop it from happening, settings in peerblock or in utorrent or even another program, so that they don't put a password on it and so their ISP stops disconnecting them because of my downloading.
Re: Internet Connection
December 21, 2010 12:10PM
First, PeerBlock does not support copyright infringement, so if you are downloading movies, tv shows, game, music, and/or programs, we CANNOT guarantee 100% protection. [www.peerblock.com]
Anonymous User
December 21, 2010 06:36PM
I understand that but the last time their ISP disconnected them I was downloading some free e-books and some programs like Ubuntu 10.10, stand alone installers for Adobe Reader X and Adobe flash for Linux. I like to download this stuff from utorrent because its faster and I can find what I want like stand alone installers. I think that their ISP frowns heavily on downloading any kind of torrents, legal or not.
December 21, 2010 09:08PM
Talk to whoever you are leeching wi-fi from... that is the only way to find out...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 09:09PM by ineedalifetoday.
Anonymous User
December 22, 2010 08:18AM
I don't understand how talking to them about it is going to answer my question. These people don't even know what PeerBlock or Utorrent is. I'm not a Newbe I was just wondering if an anyone else has had this problem and if they found a setting or another program that can help to keep it from happening as often. And you know if they are going to, knowingly, keep their connection unsecured then I don't see it as "leaching" it's not like I cracked their WI-FI and I'm stealing it.
Anonymous User
January 07, 2011 02:47AM
Sorry to butt in, but do you know who their Internet provider is. I recently had the same problem with my provider, Road Runner. Apparently either Peerblock stopped working or an IP wasn't blocked so what I was downloading, e-books, was reported to my provider and they deemed me to be in violation of the providers guidelines for usage and shut off my Internet access until I acknowledged the violation, they sent an email. This could be what is happening with their provider and I would be careful about discussing this with them seeing that they are most likely being accused of any violations.
Anonymous User
January 24, 2014 12:06AM
I am sorry to help rear end inside, yes this is might be the problem and due to downloading they disconnected. I guess in the current situation Usenet will be the better choice then torrent. And provides more secure option for downloading and file sharing and a better substitute of torrent. nevertheless have you any idea which their Net service can be. Not long ago i experienced a similar problem along with the service, but now i am much satisfied just because of usenet
fxm
January 24, 2014 01:19PM
AmmarNaeem Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> rear end inside,

LOL - "butt in" is an idiom that means "intrude in a conversation".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login